Wednesday, December 15, 2010

House Buying


Everyone tells me that it is the perfect time to buy a house, but who can afford to buy one? I have numerous teacher friends, that are married to teachers, yet they can not afford to buy a house. I find it this unbelievable. This should give us all an inclination about the economy. I hope that these times do pass us as we look towards the future. If not, it looks as if I will be renting an apartment for the rest of my life.



Vocabulary
afford - verb - to be able to pay for something
numerous - adjective - a lot of something
unbelievable - adjective - not believing something; extraordinary
inclination - noun - a liking preference
economy - noun - the management of the country

Fill in the blanks

The way that the Yankees beat the Red Sox was _________________.
The previous president has ruined the ________________.
I have an _____________ that this will happen in the future.
I can not ______________ that new car.
The bad weather cause _____________ accidents.

Grammar Point

Can you tell the difference between nouns and proper nouns?
List 5 of each type.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is a sad state of affairs! I live in my mother's house. Let's hope for a better future for everyone!

    ReplyDelete